Funeral Planning Basics
Funeral Planning Basics is a comprehensive funeral planning book that will take you step-by-step through the entire process of planning and arranging your funeral. It will introduce you to issues such as organ donations, purchasing caskets, cremation, burial, funeral services and much more.
You will learn about all of the key aspects of the funeral planning process, what your options are, new trends in funeral planning (including ‘green burials’ and sea burials) and much, much more.
- Plan and arrange your funeral service.
- Learn about the options available.
- Save on funeral costs and expenses.
- Remove a huge burden from your family.
- Have peace of mind.
We all come to a stage in our lives when it’s natural to start thinking about what will happen when we are no longer around. We often wonder about loved ones and what we would like to leave to them as our parting gift.
Well, whatever about the positive things we can leave to them, there are some things that we simply should not leave to them. One of which is the burden of high funeral costs and the worry of deciding on funeral arrangements. In fact, in 70% of cases, a person passes away without having made proper funeral arrangements, leaving this burden on their grieving family members. Surprising, isn’t it?
Fortunately, through proper funeral planning, you can ensure that your loved ones are not confronted with this unnecessary burden in a time which is already very traumatic.
Planning a funeral involves a variety of different tasks ranging from selecting a funeral planner, choosing a casket, deciding on burial and cremation options to organizing gatherings after the funeral itself. In many cases, the best people to help you with these tasks will be funeral service providers or funeral directors. They will have considerable experience in planning funeral ceremonies, preparing the deceased’s body for public viewing, selecting caskets, and almost every other aspect of the funeral process. They will be able to advise you of the options available to you and ultimately help you put your plan in place. That said, it’s still important to have independent information on the subject – you wouldn’t put your full faith in a car sales man when buying a car would you?
In putting together a funeral plan you will need to consider matters such as:-
- whether you want to donate your body to science;
- whether you want to be buried or cremated;
- where you want your remains buried, scattered or kept;
- the type of ceremony that you will have and where it will be held;
- whether you will want visitations;
- whether you wish to be embalmed;
- whether there will be a procession to the cemetery;
- how your body will be transported;
- how your family will travel to and from services;
- the funeral products you wish to buy such as caskets, burial vaults and urns; and
- lots more.
To help you plan your funeral or indeed someone else’s, we’ve put together a simple and easy to understand book which will help you through the entire process of planning your funeral – and of course give you all the useful information you need to make informed decisions.
Funeral Planning Basics is a must read for anyone that wants to pre-plan any aspect of a funeral service. For more information on the contents of this book, check out the “Table of Contents” tab.
If you like this book, please leave a Review on Amazon.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – Why Funeral Planning
Why Plan My Funeral?
Advantages of Funeral Planning
Letting Your Loved Ones Know What You Want
Reliving Your Loved Ones of Difficult Decisions
Reducing The Costs of Your Funeral Service
Removing The Financial Burden of Funeral Costs
Why People Fail to Plan Funerals in Advance
What is Included in a Funeral Plan
Chapter 2 – Making Final Arrangements – First Steps
Formulating a Plan
Who Should Be Notified Following Your Death
Donation of Organs
Donation of Tissues
Donation of Your Whole Body
Transportation of the Body to a Funeral Home
Preparation of the Body – Embalming
Chapter 3 – Preparing for the Funeral Service
Decide on the Type of Ceremony
The Initial Ceremony
Participants in the Ceremony
Food and Beverages
Chapter 4 – Final Disposition
Burial or Cremation – Advantages and Disadvantages
Choosing a Casket
Cost of Caskets
Types of Caskets
Caskets for Cremation
Grave Liners and Burial Vaults
Headstones and Markers
Disposal Options After Cremation
Types of Cremation Urns
Above Ground Burials – Columbariums
Scattering of Ashes
Chapter 5 – Choosing Your Funeral Provider
Searching for a Funeral Service Provider
Comparing the Costs of Funeral Service Providers
Basic Services Fee
Common Funeral Charges Explained
The Funeral Rule
Purchase Only the Items and Services You Require
Obtain Direct Quotations
Get a Written Itemized Quotation
Selecting a Funeral Service Provider
I Have Chosen My Provider…..What’s Next?
Chapter 6 – Financing the Cost of Your Funeral
Paying for Your Funeral
Prepayment of Service Fees
Advantages of Prepaying
Using Benefits to Pay for Your Funeral
Social Security Benefit
Other Benefits Conclusion
Chapter 7 – The Importance of Estate Planning
Estate Planning – The Basics
Chapter 8 – Funeral Planning Checklist
Funeral Planning Checklist – The Basics
Pre-planning – Funeral
Pre-planning Frequently Asked Questions
Appendix 1 – Funeral Arrangement Form
Appendix 2 – Funeral Cost Planner
Appendix 3 – Information Required for Registration After Death
Appendix 4 – Miscellaneous Personal Details and Contact List
The following forms are included with this book:-
– Funeral Arrangement Form
– Funeral Cost Planner
– Form: Information Required for Registration After Death
– Form: Miscellaneous Personal Details and Contact List
Why Choose Estatebee
We’re proud to have helped thousands of people make online wills, trusts and powers of attorney over the past 20 years.
- Save Money – Our service is simpler and cheaper than using a lawyer.
- Lawyer Prepared Documents – You will be using documents which have been prepared, reviewed and pre-approved by lawyers with years of estate planning experience.
- Compliant with US Laws – You will be using tried and tested legal documents specifically tailored to comply with the laws of each state in the United States (except Louisiana).
- Advanced Features – Your documents will contain advanced lawyer-approved provisions not usually found in standard run-of-the-mill documents you find online.
- 20 Years in Business – EstateBee was one of the first businesses to start selling estate planning documents online back in 2000.
- Trusted by Thousands – We have helped thousands of people to make wills, trusts, and powers of attorney over the past 20 years.
- Bank Level Security – Your information is encrypted and secured safely using the same encryption technology used by banks.
Managed by lawyers
EstateBee was founded in 2000 by, and is managed by, experienced lawyers who are recognised experts in their fields.
Easy to use
We use our 20+ years of experience to help you ﬁgure out what you really want in a simple jargon-free way.
Help at every stage
Our customers are everything to us. So, we provide help to you at every stage of the document creation process.
We’ve helped raise millions for charity through donations left in our customers’ wills…
Confirm Your Email Address to Receive Your Discount
, thanks for joining EstateBee.
To receive your 20% discount code, you’ll need to verify your email address and activate your account.
We’ve sent an activation link to you by email to . Just click on the link in the email, confirm your details and you’re good to go.