This limited power of attorney form, which has been prepared and approved by lawyers, grants an agent specific and limited authority to manage certain aspects of your legal and financial affairs. The power granted to your agent ceases if you become incapacitated.
The form comes complete with step-by-step instructions on completing your limited power of attorney; and will allow you to make a limited power of attorney quickly and easily without the need or expense of engaging your own lawyer.
The form will enable you to:
- Appoint someone to manage specific aspects of your financial affairs.
- Protect and safeguard assets.
- Have peace of mind.
- And much more.
A limited power of attorney is used to appoint an agent to manage specific aspects of your legal and financial affairs. This could include matters such as managing property, running a small business, dealing with accounts in your name, and so on.
The authority can be very specific. For example, it could be limited to completing the sale of real estate to a specific person at a specific price and by a specific date.
Limited powers of attorney are usually granted to people you trust such as family members, trusted business advisers and close friends.
The authority granted to your agent can come into effect immediately, on the occurrence of a specific event or on a specific date. It will normally come to an end on a specific date, on the occurrence of a specific event, if you become incapacitated, if you die or if you revoke the power of attorney by serving a notice of revocation on your agent (and, for good measure, on each person who has a copy of your power of attorney document).
Only specific types of powers of attorney, known as durable powers of attorney, survive you becoming incapacitated.
This Limited Power of Attorney for Finance and Property is a downloadable form. It comes complete with instructions on how to fill in the form and sign it.
** Recommendation: If you are not completely familiar with making a powers of attorney, we recommend that you purchase our Power of Attorney Kit instead. The kit not only contains all the forms necessary for you to make a limited power of attorney but also includes a detailed overview of all of the items you need to consider when making a power of attorney.
Why Choose EstateBee
We’re proud to have helped thousands of people make online wills, trusts and powers of attorney over the past 20 years.
- Save Money – Our service is simpler and cheaper than using a lawyer.
- Lawyer Prepared Documents – You will be using documents which have been prepared, reviewed and pre-approved by lawyers with years of estate planning experience.
- Compliant with US Laws – You will be using tried and tested legal documents specifically tailored to comply with the laws of each state in the United States (except Louisiana).
- Advanced Features – Your documents will contain advanced lawyer-approved provisions not usually found in standard run-of-the-mill documents you find online.
- 20 Years in Business – EstateBee was one of the first businesses to start selling estate planning documents online back in 2000.
- Trusted by Thousands – We have helped thousands of people to make wills, trusts, and powers of attorney over the past 20 years.
- Bank Level Security – Your information is encrypted and secured safely using the same encryption technology used by banks.
Managed by lawyers
EstateBee was founded in 2000 by, and is managed by, experienced lawyers who are recognised experts in their fields.
Easy to use
We use our 20+ years of experience to help you ﬁgure out what you really want in a simple jargon-free way.
Help at every stage
Our customers are everything to us. So, we provide help to you at every stage of the document creation process.
We’ve helped raise millions for charity through donations left in our customers’ wills…
Confirm Your Email Address to Receive Your Discount
, thanks for joining EstateBee.
To receive your 20% discount code, you’ll need to verify your email address and activate your account.
We’ve sent an activation link to you by email to . Just click on the link in the email, confirm your details and you’re good to go.