This estate planning worksheet will take you step-by-step through the process of deciding how you would like to distribute your estate and who you would like to be part of that plan. It will ask you to consider issues for the purposes of preparing estate planning documents, appointing executors and trustees, the location of assets, documents and title deeds, and more.
It is a must have for anyone thinking about wishing to create an estate plan.
The worksheet will enable you to:
- Identify your assets and liabilities.
- Identify executors, trustees and other fiduciaries.
- Choose beneficiaries under your will and living trust.
- Save time.
- And much more.
Before you begin the process of making a will, codicil or a living trust, we recommend that you complete this worksheet. It will help you to work out what assets you actually own, and identify your liabilities, before deciding who you would like to make gifts to and how. By having all the relevant details at your fingertips it will save a considerable amount of time in the preparation of your estate planning documents.
The document is also useful for document your choice of fiduciaries such as executors, successor trustees, healthcare agents etc.
In addition, by keeping this worksheet with your will, trust or other personal papers, it will greatly assist your executor in identifying and locating your assets and liabilities when the time comes. In many situations, the persons who stand to inherit from you under your last will and testament, living trust and other asset transfers mechanisms will generally be your family and friends. In reality, a lot of these people will often have been, and may still be, financially dependent on you. However, despite this obvious dependence, your assets and possessions held in probate may become frozen. Needless to say, this can lead to an added financial strain on your family and friends and make an already demanding period more difficult for them.
The easiest way for you to avoid this common and unnecessary problem is to ensure that your executor is made aware of the location of all your assets and important legal documents. You can use this document to notify your executors of the location of each of your assets and any important legal documents – such as your last will and testament, your title deeds, life insurance policies etc. By having all the relevant details at their fingertips, this document will greatly assist your executors in promptly locating and distributing your estate to your loved ones.
This document comes in downloadable Word format.
Why Choose EstateBee
We’re proud to have helped thousands of people make online wills, trusts and powers of attorney over the past 20 years.
- Save Money – Our service is simpler and cheaper than using a lawyer.
- Lawyer Prepared Documents – You will be using documents which have been prepared, reviewed and pre-approved by lawyers with years of estate planning experience.
- Compliant with US Laws – You will be using tried and tested legal documents specifically tailored to comply with the laws of each state in the United States (except Louisiana).
- Advanced Features – Your documents will contain advanced lawyer-approved provisions not usually found in standard run-of-the-mill documents you find online.
- 20 Years in Business – EstateBee was one of the first businesses to start selling estate planning documents online back in 2000.
- Trusted by Thousands – We have helped thousands of people to make wills, trusts, and powers of attorney over the past 20 years.
- Bank Level Security – Your information is encrypted and secured safely using the same encryption technology used by banks.
Managed by lawyers
EstateBee was founded in 2000 by, and is managed by, experienced lawyers who are recognised experts in their fields.
Easy to use
We use our 20+ years of experience to help you ﬁgure out what you really want in a simple jargon-free way.
Help at every stage
Our customers are everything to us. So, we provide help to you at every stage of the document creation process.
We’ve helped raise millions for charity through donations left in our customers’ wills…
Confirm Your Email Address to Receive Your Discount
, thanks for joining EstateBee.
To receive your 20% discount code, you’ll need to verify your email address and activate your account.
We’ve sent an activation link to you by email to . Just click on the link in the email, confirm your details and you’re good to go.